We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, meticulous and determined Engineering Maintenance Manager to join our business reporting directly to the Operations Director. This role is key to our business overseeing all aspects of the maintenance of our four reprocessing recycling sites.
Within the role of Engineering Manager you will work with an engineering team to provide high quality and timely services to our production department ensuring operations runs smoothly and site equipment is maintained to the highest standards relating to safety, performance and efficiency.
- Proven experience managing a team in a reprocessing /production environment.
- Strong leadership capability and operational management experience.
- You will need to demonstrate understanding of Safety, Engineering, Quality and labour regulations.
- Experience of automated equipment including sortation and conveyor systems.
- Experience of working with PLC based control systems.
- Creating maintenance schedules and delegating tasks to team/contractors.
- Conducting site inspections and identifying areas requiring extra maintenance.
- Scheduling contractors for major repairs or projects when required.
- Developing maintenance contracts to budget, negotiating contracts.
- Discussing maintenance concerns and communicating this to the rest of the business.
- Identify and liaise with suitable suppliers, produce CAPEX budgets and business cases, produce requirements specifications, negotiate new machinery purchases and introduce them effectively.
- Technical understanding of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems for planning and troubleshooting.
- Leadership responsibility for a small team of engineers, support performance management at individual and team level, conducting performance appraisals for team members, develop and implement training plans in line with business needs.
- Ensure the generation of risk assessments in compliance with company policy.
- Issuing Permit to Work and following associated procedures such as Control of Contractors.
- Support effective root cause analysis by close interaction with production.
- Responsible for the planning and delivering of the weekly shutdown day.
- Ensure a high standard of safety and housekeeping is maintained including the wearing of relevant PPE, reporting of accidents and potential hazards.
- HNC (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a managerial role within Engineering/Maintenance
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of Health & Safety legislation, policies, regulatory requirements and inspections, PUWER,LOLER etc.
- Experienced gained in working with a planned preventative maintenance system.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Good verbal communication skills, including active listening and the ability to translate complex information.
- IT literacy required with solid understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Pension auto enrolment.
- Health Shield Scheme (after 6 months)
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company Van
TO APPLY please email your CV and a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org.